Are you looking for the right sewing machine for quilting but are overwhelmed by the countless models in the market. Have you encountered many machines that are claimed to be good for quilting and yet fail to offer the important features? Well, I have a solution for you.
I studied many products and came up with a list of the 15 best sewing machines for quilting based on many reviews and ratings from happy buyers. These machines are from reputable brands that have been trusted by many for quality and reliability.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Sewing Machine for Quilting:
- Portability or the Overall Weight
- Thread Tension Adjustments
- Flexibility for the Presser
- Sturdiness and Quilting-Related Features or Capabilities
- Intuitive LCD backlit screen
- Protective hard case
- Lightweight and durable construction
- 70 different built-in stitch patterns
- Automatic needle threader
- Color touchscreen
- PFAFF Original IDT System
- 200mm sewing space
- 201 high-quality stitches
- Speed Slider Control
- Built-in 120 stitch patterns
- Twin needle functionality
- Speed control slider & mirror stitching
- Easy reverse button
- LCD display with touchpad control
Our Best Quilting Sewing Machines – Quick Rankings
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on website|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on website|
||Check on Amazon|
Best Sewing Machines For quilters in 2021
Without further ado, let’s dive deeper into the list of the best quilting sewing machines in 2021.
1. Brother CS7000i Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Intuitive LCD backlit screen
- Protective hard case
- Lightweight and durable construction
- 70 different built-in stitch patterns
- Automatic needle threader
- Drop-in top bobbin
- LED sewing light
This model is good for you whether you’re an intermediate sewer, who is looking to enhance his or her sewing and quilting skills, or you’re an expert and all you need is to upgrade to a newer and more advanced machine.
It’s also a perfect option for those who are more concerned with quality and overall performance.
Coming from a reputable manufacturer, the Brother CS7000i S/Q machine’s quality is guaranteed. This machine has received a lot of positive reviews and an overwhelming number of ratings for its overall construction and performance.
There are 70 different built-in stitches that this machine offers, including decorative, utility, quilting, and heirloom stitches as well as 7 automatic-size buttonholes. With all these stitch patterns, you’ll be able to meet your everyday sewing and quilting needs both at the household and semi-professional level.
Additionally, the Brother CS7000i S/Q machine’s features are meant to enhance convenience and allow you to enjoy a smooth sewing and quilting experience. The automatic needle threader perfectly pushes the thread through the needle to ensure that the threading process is as easy as possible. With this feature, you won’t encounter any eyestrain or frustration as it’s the case with the traditional sewing machine.
There’s also a convenient and jam-free drop-in top bobbin. What’s more, the LCD backlit LCD screen makes this machine very user-friendly. Indeed, the machine can be used by anyone from beginner to expert. It’s simple to choose your stitch option from the screen with an easy touch of a button. When you select a stitch pattern and other settings, you can view them right on the screen.
When it comes to construction, this machine is made with durability in mind but still keeping the ease of handling in mind. The materials used to make the machine are durable and good-quality. They ensure lasting durability for your machine. It’s also easy to handle the machine since it is lightweight.
Upon purchasing the Brother CS7000i S/Q machine, you’ll also get a selection of accessories so that you have everything you need to get started sewing right away. These accessories include a wide table, a user instruction manual, 10 sewing feet, and a protective hard case, among other items. This protective case comes in very handy when it comes to proper storage of the machine or during transportation.
- The machine operates quietly
- The sewing light is bright enough
- It’s easy to thread and wind the bobbin
- The adjustable speed control is just perfect
- The machine is easy to use
- Suitable for beginners, intermediate, and experts
- Easy to switch from one stitch pattern to another
- A few previous buyers have reported an issue with the tension
Brother CS7000i S/Q machine is a real powerhouse when it comes to handling your sewing and quilting projects. Its high piercing power allows it to sew through fabrics of different thicknesses with ease. Whether you’re looking for a good machine to utilize at the household or professional level, this one has got you covered.
2. PFAFF Quilt Ambition 630 – Good Sewing Machine For Quilting
- Color touchscreen you can use to access the detailed sewing information and change the settings using the touch control
- PFAFF Original IDT System, which is the proprietary integrated dual feed system from PFAFF that ensures the perfect stitching for all fabric types
- 200mm sewing space that is suitable for you to use for large sewing or quilting projects
- The in-built stitch selection contains 201 high-quality stitches you can use to get the perfect stitch every time
- Speed Slider that allows you to have full control of the sewing or quilting speed
PFAFF Quilt Ambition 630 is perhaps the one option you cannot overlook when we talk about high-end sewing machines for quilting. With its premium design, sewing and quilting have never been so easy and rewarding.
With the array of features, it provides for the users, such as large sewing space, high-quality stitch options, color touchscreen, and many others, sewing and quilting cannot get any easier.
This is the machine equipped with a high level of technology you can use to ease your sewing and quilting process, with plenty of features and customization options you can choose to make it easier for you to work on your crafts. Elegance and sophistication are the perfect words to describe this product.
One important feature you cannot overlook is the original IDT system, which is the system maintained by PFAFF since 1968, which is the signature style of this brand. The IDT system makes the brand stand out from others. For the users, the IDT system means that they can always ensure to have the perfect stitch every time they use this machine, whatever fabrics they use.
Not only that, but the PFAFF Quilt Ambition 630 also carries with it loads of features you can use in your quilting projects, such as thread snips, needle up/down, elongation, twin needle program, free-motion sewing, and many others. With the unique in-built stitch options (210 total stitches), you can pick the one that is best for your current quilting project and get creative by applying unique patterns to your fabrics.
The product also comes with the required accessories that can make your work easier and enhance the capabilities of the machine, such as standard presser foot, fancy stitch foot, and many other presser foot items you can get in the box with your purchase. Aside from the presser foot accessories, you can also get other accessories such as hardcover, thread net, foot control, felt pad, and others. It’s a high-value package for all your quilting needs.
- Elegant and sturdy build quality with advanced features that make it easier for you to work on any quilting projects.
- The large workspace you can use for large projects.
- The proprietary IDT system allows you to stitch up to 7mm width with great accuracy.
- Great selection of 210 high-quality stitches to choose from for your creativity.
- The color LCD allows you to adjust and control the settings based on your preferences.
- Quite expensive and not suitable for entry-level quilting.
- Doesn’t save custom stitch patterns.
When you’re looking for a high-end sewing machine for quilting, look no further. PFAFF Quilt Ambition 630 is the right machine for all your quilting needs. It provides an extra workspace for you to work on large quilting projects, and it also has a color touchscreen you can interact with for changing or adjusting the settings for your quilting or sewing projects. It’s an elegant, sturdy, and reliable machine to produce the best crafts for any fabric type.
3. Janome 4120QDC – Quilter Sewing Machine Review
- Built-in 120 stitch patterns with alphabet fonts
- Sturdy build with stable feeding and twin needle functionality
- Speed control slider and mirror stitching
- Needle up and down with the maximum stitch of 7mm width and 5mm length
- LCD display with touchpad control
- Manual control for thread tension
- Built-in thread cutter with the twin needle guard
- Custom stitch pattern you can save to memory
- Snap-on presser feet and foot pressure adjustments
Sturdy, reliable, and full of features. That’s Janome 4120QDC sewing machine for quilting. It’s the machine that will give you all the tools necessary to work on your quilting projects, even if you have large projects to complete.
This machine has all the basic features you can use out of the box, including stitching accuracy, needle up and down, thread cutter, custom stitch patterns, and many others.
Janome is the brand well-known for providing sturdy sewing machine products, and the 4120QDC model is the one you can use to work on heavy-duty tasks, including quilting. The simple and portable design makes it easy for you to operate this machine, and you can carry it around to different places with no problem. Aside from that, it only takes a small space on your desk to work with this machine, which is great.
But don’t get fooled by the small size of this machine. The machine can perform the tasks like sewing and quilting for large projects. It has a built-in thread cutter with accurate stitching for the best-detailed crafts you can make. It is suitable for various fabrics, and you can just unleash your creativity by picking and adjusting from among the built-in 120 stitch patterns. Or, if you feel it is not enough, you can just add your own custom pattern and save it to the machine’s memory.
This machine also has a small LCD screen that will let you know about the details of your sewing or quilting activity. Besides the display, you can see the touchpad buttons you can use to control or adjust the settings in your work. It’s very convenient to have this LCD screen, as every important information is available in front of you while you perform the quilting or sewing process, and you can just adjust their settings on the fly.
Other features you can rely on from this machine include a speed control slider, mirror stitching, alphabet font patterns, snap-on presser feet, twin needle guard, extra-high presser foot lift, and others. This is an impressive piece of equipment to have if you need something that is sturdy, reliable, and portable for your stitching, sewing, and quilting activities.
- Sturdy build that ensures the accuracy of your stitches.
- Plenty of features to have, such as needle up/down, presser foot options, speed slider, thread cutter, and many others.
- Small design that gives you portability and flexibility in working on your projects.
- Twin needle guard with drop feed design.
- 120 built-in stitches with the capability to save custom stitches.
- The price is a bit too expensive.
- It has quite an old-school look for the asking price.
This machine is good for you if you look for sturdiness and reliability for your sewing and quilting projects. Didn’t like the all-new modern look for your sewing machine? This is the machine to pick if you like to keep everything simple, without too much computerized technology embedded into it. You’ll get various accessories in the box, such as an extension table, zig-zag, and blind help foot, needle set, bobbin, and many others.
4. Bernette 77 – Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Customizable foot control that includes the kick-back function
- Color LCD screen with touchscreen capability for easier menu navigation
- Elegant and modern design with lots of extra features
- Extensive database of 500 stitch patterns you can access, which includes 17 buttonholes
- Compatibility with various fabrics
- Large 230mm sewing space that allows you to work on large projects
- A dual feed with speed and thread tension control
Bernette 77 is a sewing machine with quilting capabilities you can get from Bernette, a reputable brand that produces various sewing machine models. Bernette 77 is the model that offers you the computerized sewing machine technology that allows you to work on your quilting and sewing projects with less hassle.
It’s the perfect combination of elegant design and advanced technology.
With this machine, you can access the extensive database of 500 different stitches you can use in your projects, and also, you can navigate on them via the color touchscreen LCD screen. The machine also includes the touch pen as an accessory inside the box, so you can use the touch pen for more accurate navigation on the touch screen. Not only 500 stitches, but this machine also provides you with 17 different buttonholes for you to choose from in your project.
Moving on to the workspace, Bernette 77 provides you with a large 230mm workspace that allows you to have plenty of space to focus on your large projects. It also has 8 presser foot soles you can use as you need them, and you can use them as you work on your quilting or sewing projects. The foot control is also programmable, and you can also use the kick-back function for more control.
This machine also has a dual-feed system, allowing you to stitch faster with more accuracy. This is the system that will give you efficiency in the way you work on various types of fabrics, allowing you to finish more quilting or sewing work faster than using the regular sewing machine. It also has a semi-automatic needle threader to help you with needle management during your work.
As for the sewing speed, you can control it using the speed control function embedded in this machine. Also, you can control the thread tension with the knobs, which makes it easier for you to do it on the fly without disrupting your work. It also has four bright LED lights that allow you to have better visibility around the workspace area, even when you work in the dark.
- It has an elegant and modern design.
- It has a touchscreen panel to operate various features and change various settings on this machine, with the included touch pen.
- Large workspace with four LEDs for better visibility and more accuracy in your sewing and quilting.
- Dual feed system with an automatic thread cutter.
- 500 stitch patterns and 17 buttonholes you can choose.
- It belongs in the high price range.
- Not good if you prefer a more traditional design with a manual approach.
Bernette 77 is perhaps one of the best modern-style sewing machines for quilting you can use to work on your projects. You will get various accessories in the box, including an extension table, touch pen, bobbins, various presser feet, and there are also optional accessories you can get to enhance the capabilities of this machine. Itâ€™s a great and elegant sewing machine for modern quilters.
5. JUKI TL-2000Qi – Best Janome Sewing Machines
- Industrial-quality sewing and quilting, allowing you to produce the best craft quality with this machine
- Large work area to allow you to complete large sewing and quilting projects
- Precision stitching that allows you to quilt with the best accuracy
- Best quality build with aluminum die-casting to keep the machine lightweight and portable
- Manual adjustments for various settings on the machine, including thread tension and sewing speed
- Illuminating LEDs to allow you to work with the best visibility for the work area
The traditional-style sewing machine for quilting Juki TL-2000Qi provides various features that can help you work on various quilting and sewing projects, including large projects, with ease.
It is lightweight and portable, which means less space and less hassle for you to use. However, you can still use it for large projects with a large work area, along with the extension table you can attach to this machine.
The thread tension scale is the feature that you can use in this machine, allowing you to adjust the thread tension on the go. With the tension scale that you can configure, you can adjust the thread and make it lose or tight during your quilting and sewing process. This way, each fabric you work on will have the right thread tension for accurate stitching.
JUKI TL-2000Qi also has presser foot adjustments that allow you to adjust the presser foot based on your needs. As you sew or quilt with the machine, you can adjust the presser foot on the go, so that you donâ€™t need to disrupt the flow of your work. The regulator for the presser foot is available on top of the machine, making it easy for you to reach it whenever you need it. Also, it will make it easy for you to adjust the presser foot for the fabric you are working on.
Another feature to look for in this machine is the bobbin replacement. This machine has a design that allows you to replace the bobbin with ease. It has the latch for the bobbin case, which you can open to remove and replace the bobbin as you need it. Also, this machine features the automatic needle threader that allows you to get the needle ready and start the sewing and quilting process right away, just by pushing the lever for this function.
JUKI TL-2000Qi also comes with full support for free motion quilting, meaning that this can be your perfect machine to perform the quilting activities and produce the best crafts. The machine has a design that allows you to use the free motion quilting for the most accurate and reliable quilting process, allowing you to raise or lower the feed dog just by using a switch.
- Durable machine for quilting, with precision and full support for free-motion quilting.
- It has a lightweight and portable design that allows you to use this machine anywhere, while still maintaining its durability.
- Plenty of manual adjustments you can use during your sewing or quilting process, which are always within your reach.
- Easy bobbin replacement when you need it, along with thread tension and needle adjustments.
- Accurate sewing and quilting with microcomputer-controlled sewing speed.
- It has a traditional-style design, meaning no advanced computerized technology is embedded into it.
- No LCD screen for settings and adjustments, as you can do it all in manual mode.
- Price is more expensive than many modern-style sewing machines.
6. SINGER Tradition 2277 – Best Home Quilting Machines
- Includes all the basic sewing features, and it comes pre-threaded for your sewing convenience
- Compatible with any fabrics for various stitch types: basic, decorative, and stretch
- The free arm allows you to sew or quilt on the hard-to-reach areas
- Built-in needle threader with one-step buttonhole
- Compatible with Class 15 Transparent bobbins (included)
- Suitable for 97 stitch applications
Perfect for entry-level users, the SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine provides you with all the features you need to complete all kinds of sewing projects. It has the support for quilting as well, making this machine an excellent choice for beginners and experienced users alike.
The price is affordable, and the basic stitching features are all there.
For the regular sewing and quilting needs, you might not need a machine that comes with the latest advanced technology embedded into it. You might just need a machine that can do the simple job of completing various sewing and quilting tasks need to get done. SINGER Tradition 2277 provides you with all the basic features you need to work on your projects, no matter the type of fabrics you use.
The machine is compatible with 97 stitching applications, which are included in the user guide. So, there is plenty of room for you to express your creativity in your sewing and quilting process. The size of the machine is also small and lightweight, making it great for daily use, and it also doesnâ€™t require plenty of space for you to use it.
SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine also comes with a built-in needle threader that will save you a lot of time and frustration when putting the thread into the needle eye. So, this machine will give you a quick start in every sewing or quilting project you have. You can also use the machine right away after you unbox it, as it comes pre-threaded, so it is ready to go right from the start.
It comes with various adjustments that you can set for yourself, such as the adjustable stitch length and width, along with the stitch selection dial that you can use to pick the stitch pattern you want to apply to your fabric. It also has features like snap-on presser feet, reverse stitching, twin-needle function, and more. You can do all the basic tasks with this machine, and itâ€™s perfect for everyday use.
- Affordable price and perfect for beginner or entry-level users.
- Includes all basic key features you will need for everyday use.
- Small and lightweight design combined with the heavy-duty build for portability and durability.
- Comes with various included accessories to enhance the machine’s functionality.
- Only suitable for basic sewing and quilting.
- Small work area, which is not suitable for large projects.
This machine is more than enough for you to use if you only need to perform the basic sewing and quilting tasks. SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine is also great for those who are learning sewing or quilting crafts for the first time. It uses manual adjustments and dials, so don’t expect any fancy tech in this machine. It’s great for basic tasks, and it’s great for everyday use.
7. Baby Lock Jubilant Sewing & Quilting Machine
- Automatic needle threading and drop-in bobbin
- Small LCD screen to give you the details about your sewing or quilting activity
- 80 stitch patterns and 8 one-step buttonholes
- Free-arm sewing and drop-feed for free motion sewing and quilting
- Lightweight, small, and compact design
Small, lightweight, and jam-packed with useful features for sewing and quilting. Those are the characteristics to expect from Baby Lock Jubilant Sewing Machine. With its compact size, you can take this machine anywhere with you, and you can work on your sewing and quilting projects on any desk, even when you have only a small space.
It also comes with the sturdy build and computerized technology to ensure the best sewing and quilting experience for you.
Baby Lock Jubilant is the mid-ranger sewing machine that can provide you with plenty of opportunities to get creative in your projects. It has the small LCD screen that tells you the details about your current sewing activity, so you can always keep track of what to do. Also, it has 80 built-in stitch patterns you can use, along with 8 one-step buttonholes. It’s the sewing machine for quilting that you can rely on in every situation.
This machine is perfect for you to create high-quality quilts and crafts that include home decoration, basic garments, and support for quilt piecing techniques. The small microcomputer on this machine will let you stitch on any fabric with high accuracy, and you can adjust the settings as you need it. Also, for a quick start, the automatic needle threader is there to make it easy for you to prepare for the work ahead.
The one feature that will make it even easier for you to do your quilting or sewing projects is the quick-set drop-in bobbin. It has a bobbin case you can open from the top, which will allow you to remove or replace the bobbin in the machine as you need it. You just need to drop the new bobbin into the machine and let the machine do the rest of the adjustments for it. It’s very easy for you to change the bobbins or set them to give you better crafting results.
Baby Lock Jubilant also comes with the free-arm feature that allows you to work on fabrics that have harder-to-reach areas. The free-arm will allow you to stitch on a sleeve or hem just by removing the flatbed. You can also control your work with the drop feed for free-motion techniques, which make it easier for you to do some quilting work with this machine. It also has a one-step buttonhole foot to create perfect buttonholes on any fabrics.
- The mid-ranger that carries all the required features for sewing and quilting.
- Compact and portable build, which is easy to carry around anywhere.
- Built-in stitches with the LCD screen that gives you information about each stitch you use.
- Drop-in bobbin, one-step buttonholes, and needle threader for easier sewing and quilting.
- Removable flatbed for free-arm sewing.
- Only includes the basic features for sewing and quilting.
- Lacks detailed controls for thread tension or sewing speed.
So, do you want to make the most out of your quilting and sewing activities? The Baby Lock Jubilant Sewing Machine is the right one for you to grab. The price is right for the mid-ranger sewing machine, and with the available features, itâ€™s perfect for you to work on any regular projects on any fabrics. However, it is not quite suitable for large projects due to its limited workspace and its primary goal as the jack-of-all-trades of sewing machines.
8. Brother SE625 – Best Sewing Machine For Quilting and Embroidery
- 103 built-in stitches to help you with your sewing and quilting projects
- 280 embroidery designs with 4 by 4-inch area for embroidery
- Modern design with touchscreen LCD that allows you to control various aspects of your projects
- Capability to include your own custom design and save it to memory with USB connectivity
- Large workspace that allows you to get the best working area for large projects
- Includes different sewing feet you can use
- Easy and accurate sewing, threading, and quilting
Modern, elegant, and compact design. This is what Brother SE625 is giving to the users. This machine also includes plenty of features that allow you to complete your sewing, quilting, and embroidery projects with ease.
Yes, just so you know, this is one of the best sewing machines that includes the capability to apply embroidery to your fabrics.
Regarding the embroidery feature, this Brother SE625 comes with various embroidery designs that you can choose. There are around 280 different embroidery designs that can give your fabrics even more decorative elements. Also, you can transfer your own custom embroidery design via USB and save it to the machine’s memory. There’s a maximum of 4 by 4-inch area for you to apply the embroidery with this machine, which is more than enough for most projects.
The modern design of the machine makes it easy for you to navigate through the menu, as you will only need to use the big LCD screen with touch capability to do that. Not only that, the LCD screen comes in full color, making it easier and more fun to choose the different stitch and embroidery designs for your project. For a machine in the mid-range price, the computerized and advanced features you get are worth the price.
Aside from the fancy tech features embedded into the machine, you can perform various sewing and quilting activities with this machine just as usual. It has the accurate stitching capability to ensure the best accuracy in your sewing and quilting, and it also has various controls and adjustments that you can set based on your preferences. Various features such as large workspace area, various presser feet, needle up/down, and many other basic features are available with your purchase.
The Brother E625 sewing machine is the sewing machine for quilting you can use for large projects, as it includes a wide workspace area, LED lighting for better visibility, and just all the basic sewing, quilting, and embroidery features you need. You can work with this machine for various fabrics that you put on it, and there are various adjustments you can make for the tension, speed, and other aspects. It’s just a marvelous machine embedded with various features suitable for all kinds of sewing or quilting projects.
- Includes large LCD screen with touch screen capability in full color and brightness.
- Perfect for various types of fabrics and various types of projects.
- Plenty of stitch and embroidery designs to choose from, with custom design capability.
- Bright LED lighting for better visibility and various presser foot options.
- Various controls and adjustments to ensure you get the best result in your sewing and quilting activities.
- Great features that are worth the price you pay for it.
- Cannot set the brightness for the LCD screen.
- Doesn’t have the presser foot leveling
Are you looking for a mid-range sewing machine for quilting with extra features that are worth paying? Brother SE625 is the best one to choose. This machine gives you all the modern features for sewing and quilting for the right price. Moreover, it is one of the few machines that offer the capability to apply an embroidery on your fabrics, which you can customize with ease. Not to mention the accessories you will get in the box, such as various presser feet and others. It will be a worthy purchase for you.
9. Baby Lock Accomplish – Best Quilting Machine For Home Use
- Quick threading system with a knee lift
- Up to 1,500 stitches per minute stitching speed with pin feed system
- Built-in stand for the thread, with telescoping model
- Rotary hook design for easy management of the bobbin
- Extension table for the larger workspace to work on large projects
- Sturdy build quality with manual adjustments
Baby Lock Accomplish is one of the best sewing machines for quilting you can get from Baby Lock, which is the brand known for its reputation in producing various sewing machine models.
The Accomplish model from Baby Lock is there for you who need to complete various sewing and quilting tasks, as it offers various basic and extra features that allow you to get a job well-done in your sewing and quilting activities.
When you look at the overall design, this sewing machine has the traditional-style model, so you can adjust everything with the manual approach. Many users prefer this type of model compared to the computerized model, as it allows them to adjust everything in manual mode, meaning more precision for them. It helps with the accuracy of your stitches, making it better for you to produce high-quality sewing and quilting crafts.
Also, Baby Lock Accomplish has a rotary bobbin system that allows you to have better management for the bobbin you use in this machine. It gives you a much firmer thread with better accuracy than any regular machine. Don’t forget that it can also produce up to 1,500 stitches per minute, meaning that you can accomplish your project goals even faster with this machine.
It has a hand-free knee lift that allows you to keep on sewing even when you need to use the presser foot to adjust your sewing or quilting style on the fly. This way, you don’t need to use your hand to change the presser foot, and it is also detachable any time you need to replace it. The pin feed system will also help you with stitching various types of fabrics, meaning that whether the fabric is thick or thin, you can always adjust the machine for the best sewing configuration with this pin feed system.
Another fascinating feature from the Baby Lock Accomplish is the quick threading system that allows you to get the thread ready with no guesswork. Let the machine prepare the thread for you right away, so that you can focus on sewing the best crafts. With the extension table, you can also extend the work area you can use to make it easier for you to work with larger fabrics on larger projects.
- Manual adjustments for more precision in your sewing and quilting activities.
- Durable yet portable sewing machine design for better flexibility in your work.
- More affordable price when compared to the other traditional-style sewing machines with similar features.
- Quick thread preparation with up to 1,500 stitches per minute for faster sewing and quilting.
- Suitable for large projects with the included extension table.
- No computerized technology is included, which means everything is manual.
- Only supports one needle at a time.
So, you might want to look for the traditional-style sewing machine worth buying, which also offers various basic and extra features you can rely on for your sewing and quilting projects. Baby Lock Accomplish is one of the best choices you can pick for this purpose, as it offers you the basic and extra features you need to get various sewing and quilting projects done, both small and big projects. This is the machine for you if you look for the best precision and ultimate manual control. The price is also quite less expensive than the competitors that offer the same features.
10. Brother XR9500PRW – Best Sewing Machine For Quilting Under $500
- Computerized sewing machine with advanced technology embedded in it
- Includes 8 one-step buttonholes and 100 built-in stitches
- Includes 6 presser foot accessories
- Advanced needle threading system for the best stitching accuracy
- Wide workspace to work on large sewing and quilting projects
- Drop-in top design for the bobbin, which is jamming proof to keep accurate stitches all the way
- Bright LED lighting for better visibility in your sewing and quilting activities
Computerized sewing machines took the world of sewing and quilting by storm, as they offer better ways to work on your sewing and quilting crafts. Among the many sewing machine products that offer computerized sewing machine technology,
Brother XR9500PRW is one of the best sewing machine products you can buy in the market. It is full of features geared toward better and more accurate sewing and quilting.
The back-lit LED screen allows you to see the current settings for your stitching and other relevant information. With the built-in 100 stitch patterns and 8 one-step buttonholes, you don’t need to get confused when trying to finish your sewing and quilting tasks. It’s all there for you to adjust and customize as you see fit. Lots of options mean you will have plenty of opportunities to use your creativity for your crafts.
Brother XR9500PRW comes with a large work area that allows you to work on large sewing and quilting projects, and also a free-arm function that will let you work on sleeves. It’s easy to change the work area setting with this machine. You will also get the bright LED lights that will assist with your sewing visibility, making sure that you can give your utmost focus for every stitch that you make on your fabric.
For your purchase, you will get the hand-carrying case along with the machine itself. It also includes the various presser feet and other accessories for the best customization for your sewing and quilting projects. The case will help you store the accessories in a safe place so that you won’t lose them. Among the presser foot accessories, you can find the special spring action quilting foot you can use in your quilting projects.
Another feature that you should check is the sturdy design of the machine, as it allows you to work on heavy-duty tasks while keeping the portability aspect of it. The automatic needle threader will make it easy for you to prepare the thread for each sewing and quilting session you will perform with this machine. Also, monogramming is something you can do with ease using this sewing machine.
- Sturdy build that comes with the protective carrying case and various accessories.
- Automatic needle threader for quick sewing preparation.
- Built-in stitches and buttonholes to help you get creative in your projects.
- A flexible work area that you can use both for smaller and bigger sewing projects, with bright LED lighting for better visibility.
- LCD screen that gives you all the information you need about your sewing or quilting process, which comes with easy customizations.
- Lack of manual control, as it uses full computerization.
- Thread tension and the bobbin might be difficult to set up.
Looking for a sturdy sewing machine for quilting that is easy to use and easy to operate? Brother XR9500PRW might be the best choice for you to get right now. For the mid-ranger, you can get this machine to work for most of your sewing and quilting tasks, which include big projects. Also, it even comes with a special quilting foot that will get you the best results in quilting. The computerized system means that everything is easy to customize, and you can just rely on its accuracy.
11. Janome Memory Craft 6300P – Top Quilting Sewing Machines
- Various presser foot options included as standard accessories in the packaging
- 66 built-in stitches and 4 buttonholes ready for you to use
- The large working area that measures up to 9-inch workspace for you to work on larger projects
- It also has manual tension control, removable bobbin, and foot pressure adjustments
- The LCD screen is compact, allowing you to see all the information about your sewing activity
- You can control various aspects of the sewing activity with the buttons around the LCD screen
- Durable and well-built design with many more extra features
Janome Memory Craft 6300P is a high-end sewing machine designed for those who need a superior quality machine that can help them finish the various sewing and quilting projects.
With this sewing machine, you can get all the high-quality features that you need in a sewing machine, and it provides you with the best quality build and the best accuracy that you need for each stitch that you apply to the fabric.
It comes with various standard accessories included with your purchase, such as presser foot options, specialized bobbin, open toe with quilting guide, and more. It’s an all-in-one package that ensures you get the best stitching quality no matter what project you work on. You can also buy plenty of optional accessories that can enhance the functionality of the machine to make it do even more sewing and quilting tasks.
Janome Memory Craft 6300P comes with the built-in 66 stitch patterns you can choose, along with other features like manual thread tension control, thread cutter, twin needle guard, bobbin winder, needle up/down, and more. Not only that, but you can also use the 4 options for buttonholes that are built into the machine. Sewing or quilting is never easier with the variety of options and control adjustments you can use in this machine.
With Janome Memory Craft 6300P, you can work on both smaller or larger projects, as it has a large 9-inch work area you can use both for sewing and quilting large fabrics. With the wide work area, you can have better visibility and control for the fabric that you work on, so that you can apply accurate stitches on it. There’s also the speed control slider that allows you to slide the sewing speed slower or faster on the fly.
What more can you expect from a sewing machine for quilting? Janome Memory Craft 6300P also comes with an LCD screen that allows you to check the information about the sewing or quilting activity you’re working on. You can adjust the options for various aspects of the sewing activity with the accompanying buttons, and you can see the changes on the LCD screen.
- Perfect for sewing and quilting activities, whether you work on smaller or larger projects.
- Easy to control and adjust, with the LCD screen and control buttons.
- Plenty of options for the standard and optional accessories, with various presser foot options available.
- Includes the easy foot pressure adjustments and speed control slider.
- Memory banks to save custom settings on the sewing machine.
- It still uses the traditional LCD screen as opposed to the touchscreen full-color LCD screen.
- It belongs to the high price range, but the modern and computerized features are a bit lacking.
Janome has produced plenty of sewing machine products that come in different price ranges to satisfy users with different needs in their sewing and quilting activities. This particular model, Janome Memory Craft 6300P, is designed for users looking for a superior quality sewing machine for quilting with all the extra features they need to complete their projects. It is also suitable for those who prefer a model that is not too computerized or modern. So, this machine comes integrated with some basic computerization, but it still leans toward the traditional-style manual control system. If you like the type of traditional sewing machine with the basic computerization features, while still retaining its durability and build quality, this is the best machine for you to use.
12. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 – Best Home Quilting Machine
- Best personalization options with 600 stitches and lettering
- 13 one-step buttonholes and stitch sequencing memory
- Class 15 Transparent bobbin with top drop-in bobbin design
- Built-in thread cutter with thread cutter shut off for embroidery mode
- Easy stitch selection buttons and customization options
- Twin-needle function with variable needle positions
- Small LCD screen to display stitch-related information and settings
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 is a sewing machine that offers both quilting and embroidery features you can use. For a mid-ranger, you can expect various extra features to be available alongside the basic features like stitching, thread cutting, tension adjustments, and many others.
The good news is that this machine delivers, and it is worth every penny you pay for it.
The machine includes a total of 600 stitches with lettering capabilities, which is the number of stitch patterns that are just better than the competition. You can get all 600 stitches built-in available for you to choose right from the beginning, while the competitions might only provide up to 100 stitches for their machine. And also, the lettering and embroidering capabilities give you the extra features you need to just work on any type of project.
You might often feel frustrated with the limited availability of buttonhole styles in most sewing machines. Again, this machine gives you the better option by providing 13 different buttonhole styles to choose from. Also, the personalization options are available, allowing you to change various aspects of your stitch with the comprehensive buttons around the small LCD screen. Itâ€™s so convenient, and it gives you unlimited possibilities to get creative in your crafts.
The sturdy design of this machine allows you to perform various heavy-duty tasks with no problem. You can adjust the various adjustments for each project you work on, and also, there is a feature called a self-adjusting tension system. This is a feature that can save you a lot of time when working on various stitches. Each stitch will have its own tension configuration you can set to auto, so you can be sure that you can apply each stitch with the best accuracy on your fabric without having to adjust each of them with manual configurations.
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 is also well-equipped with various quilting and embroidery options, making it the perfect mid-range sewing machine for quilting. It has the free-arm option that allows you to work on sleeves and long fabrics, and you can adjust the workspace to accommodate larger fabrics. Itâ€™s best for working in any type of sewing and quilting project, whether big or small.
- The price is worth paying for all the basic and extra features it provides.
- Comes with the full personalization options to make each project means for you.
- Comes with an extensive database of stitch patterns and buttonhole styles, along with the capability for quilting and embroidery.
- Sturdy design with free-arm and wide workspace for larger projects.
- Various tension adjustments, a bright LCD screen, and comprehensive configuration buttons for your sewing projects.
- The large stitch pattern database might be difficult to browse around.
Not only all the basic and extra features that you will get with this machine, but you can also get various accessories in your purchase. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 is the sewing machine for quilting that has various presser foot options you can choose from, and you can get most of the available presser foot options as the standard accessories in your purchase. It’s the mid-ranger that can give you the best value for your purchase, which can also accommodate all types of projects you need to work on.
13. SINGER Studio S16 – Best Sewing Machine For Piecing Quilts
- Compact and durable design for better portability and long-lasting use
- Industrial-grade sewing and quilting quality you can rely on
- Perfect for high-volume and high-speed straight stitches
- Uses the Class 15 Transparent bobbin, which is interchangeable with other SINGER sewing machines
- Needle up and down with needle stepping position
- Thread trimmer to trim top and bottom threads as you need them
- Speed control ranging from 100 to 1600 stitches per minute
- Knee Lifter for presser foot control without using hands
Compact and reliable. Those are the characteristics you can associate with the SINGER Studio S16 sewing machine. However, don’t underestimate the compact design it has. SINGER Studio 516 sewing machine can produce industrial-grade sewing and quilting crafts, and it is perfect for high-volume and large projects.
With this sewing machine, you can produce high-quality stitches fast, with the best accuracy possible.
The industrial-grade feature of this sewing machine ensures you can get the result for your sewing and quilting similar to those sewing or quilting products made by fashion manufacturers. So, using this machine will give you the ability to produce the best quality sewing and quilting products with little effort. You can still use similar controls and adjustments just like using the regular sewing machine, but this machine will just produce the better crafts for you.
The machine has a design that is perfect for high-volume and high-speed straight stitches, and the machine has the best accuracy when you use it for this purpose. Also, please note that this machine will not support the use of various variable and decorative stitches. You cannot choose various stitch patterns or use them for decorative quilting or sewing. It’s not suitable for that. However, for straight stitches, it is the best in its class.
SINGER Studio S16 sewing machine has various presser foot options you can choose from, and it includes various presser foot accessories in the package. You can use it right away. It uses various manual adjustments that can help you adjust the speed of the stitches, presser feet, thread trimming, and many others. So, there are still plenty of customization options you can make with this simple sewing machine to give you the best results in your sewing and quilting activities.
This machine also gives you the best way to get started in your projects by using the automatic needle threader to put the thread in its place with no effort. Also, the thread trimming feature allows you to trim the top and bottom threads for much cleaner and tidier work. Not only that, you can access the presser foot and adjust it without having to use your hands, so you can keep on sewing without disruption. The work area is suitable for you to work on large projects, and you can set the needle up and down position based on your preferences.
- Industrial-grade stitching, meaning that you can get the best result for your sewing and quilting.
- Perfect for straight stitches.
- Various manual controls and adjustments can ensure the perfect accuracy for your projects.
- Perfect for high-volume and large projects.
- Speed control can go as fast as 1600 stitches per minute, which is perfect for quick project completion.
- No variable stitch options.
- Manual control only, no computerization.
- Limited function only for straight stitches
SINGER Studio S16 is perfect for high-volume work that involves putting on straight stitches on the fabrics. When you do it for this purpose, the machine can do the perfect job for you, with industrial-grade quality. Sometimes, you need this type of machine if you want to focus only on specific tasks, such as putting straight stitches on a large volume of fabrics. You donâ€™t need the fancy decorative stitches and variable stitches and embroideries. It’s the perfect machine for you to grab if you need it for such specific tasks.
14. Janome Memory Craft 6650 – Quilting and Embroidery Machine
- Built-in stitches with 170 options and 2 alphabet styles
- Speed slider that allows you to stitch up to 1000 stitches per minute
- Different needle plates for different stitching
- Computerized technology with the LCD screen as the primary display for most machine controls
- Metal flatbed with a wide workspace area that gives you convenience in working for larger projects.
- 3 bright LEDs for better visibility
- Thread cutter, needle up and down, and thread trimmer
- Modern and elegant design with the superior build quality
Janome Memory Craft 6650 is the high-end model from the Janome Memory Craft line. It offers the best features you can get from a sewing machine, and you can also rely on all the computerized technology embedded into it.
No variable stitch options.
Manual control only, no computerization.
Limited function only for straight stitches
It has a modern design that is sturdy and easy to use. The red color on top of the basic white color on the machine makes the machine stands out from the crowd. This is the perfect machine to grab if you want to have perfect results in your sewing and quilting work.
The modern control system with the LCD screen can help you customize the stitches and various other aspects of your sewing and quilting projects with ease. There are 170 stitch options you can use right away in your project, along with the alphabet options you can use. You can use the machine to stitch up to 1000 stitches per minute, meaning that you can get your projects done faster than before.
All the features you need for your sewing activities are available one button push away, and you can get around all the adjustments by using the buttons available around the LCD screen. With only one push, you can also change the needle plate to make it better for you to sew or quilt on different fabrics. Speed slider, needle stop, thread cutting, and other features are also one button away for you to use in this machine.
With the high price tag on this sewing machine, it is only natural for you to get all the required accessories in your purchase. The good news is that you can get various accessories in the box along with your purchase of Janome Memory Craft 6650. Different presser foot options and variations are available for you to grab and use as you see fit. You can also use the special needle plate for straight stitching.
Janome Memory Craft 6650 features a metal flatbed, and it has a seamless design to make it comfortable for you to sew and quilt on it. For a better visibility, you can get the work area lit with 3 LEDs, making it easy for you to work on the details of your quilt. Also, you can work on larger projects because it has a large work area suitable for larger projects.
- Superior quality stitching with computerized technology to assist your sewing and quilting activities.
- All the features you can access with just pushing the button.
- Different built-in stitches you can choose, adjust, and customize with the machine.
- LCD screen that is bright and clear, giving you all the detailed information about your sewing and quilting.
- Wide workspace with 3 bright LEDs for better visibility to work on larger projects.
- Modern design with red and white colors that stands from the crowd
- Might be too expensive to have, and it might not be suitable for beginners.
For the high-end sewing machine, Janome Memory Craft 6650 gives you plenty of features that can help you with various sewing and quilting projects, both small and large. It is suitable more for the professional users who want to get the superior quality sewing machine for the best sewing results. The high price might not be suitable for beginners, such as those who only use this machine for basic tasks. Itâ€™s built for completing large tasks with complex designs, and for this purpose, this machine can be very reliable and give you the best results.
15. Brother PQ1500SL – Best Brother Sewing Machine For Quilting
- Perfect for large quilting and sewing projects with 1500 stitches per minute
- Adjustable buttons and dials for the best configuration you need
- Manual and traditional type sewing machine with basic and simple operations
- Large extension table for a bigger work area
- Better visibility with bright LEDs
- Various presser foot options are included in your purchase
- Convenient thread placement, thread tension adjustments, and thread cutter
Brother PQ1500SL is a sewing machine for quilting that you can use for applying straight stitches to your fabrics. This machine has features that allow you to perform straight stitching at high speed, so you can get a high volume of work done with this machine.
When you compare it with the other regular sewing machines, Brother PQ1500SL can work on faster stitches, as it has a maximum speed of around 1,500 stitches per minute.
This is the machine you need if you want to work with straight stitches most of the time. However, it is not suitable for variable or decorative stitches, so you will need to use this machine to focus on working on the straight stitches for large volumes. It is suitable both for sewing and quilting, so you don’t need to worry about its durability for the quilting tasks. It also has the manual adjustments you can use to adjust the thread tension, presser foot, sewing speed, and more.
Quilting is one of the supported features of Brother PQ1500SL. With this machine, quilting becomes easier, and you can get the job done much faster. It also has a large extension table for you to use for quilting on various fabrics. Overall, it’s a simple and durable machine you can use to do most of your basic tasks in sewing and quilting with outstanding results. You don’t need to worry about confusing buttons and settings, as this machine is a specialized machine for sewing and quilting straight stitches with very simple operations.
You can set every configuration in manual mode with this machine. It is easy to use, and there are no complicated steps you need to do to work with this machine. You just need to adjust it on the specific button or dial, and you are ready to go. It comes with the thread cutter feature that allows you to cut threads with ease in automatic mode.
With Brother PQ1500SL, you can adjust the thread tension with a simple dial to loosen or tighten the thread, so you can sew or quilt with the best accuracy. It also has a programmable needle position when you stop the machine. It has a cone-style thread stand for better thread feeding into the machine, and it also allows you to replace the thread with ease.
- Simple, durable, and elegant machine to work on straight stitches fast.
- It can apply up to 1,500 stitches per minute, which is suitable for large projects.
- Manual dials and buttons to configure the machine with simple operations.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure and automatic thread cutter.
- Programmable needle position and large table extension.
- Only suitable for straight stitches.
- No LCD screen or computerized tech is embedded into the machine.
Ready for completing the basic quilting and sewing tasks? You don’t need a fancy sewing machine for quilting that might cost three times the price of this machine. Brother PQ1500SL is good enough for basic quilting and sewing tasks, and you will even get the large extension table with your purchase to get the large projects done faster. It’s perfect for beginners and intermediate users who want a simple machine that can operate without any hassles.
16. Brother Innov-is NV1100
- 140 built-in stitches you can choose right from the start
- Bright LED lighting to give you maximum visibility even when you work in a poor-lit room
- Custom stitch creation that you can save into the machine’s memory for later use
- Drop-in bobbin that allows you to drop a full bobbin to start the sewing and quilting process right away
- LCD screen that allows you to show the details of the stitch pattern and adjust the settings for it
- Auto needle threading allows you to adjust the needle threading by lowering the lever
- 210mm workspace allowing you to work on large quilting areas
- Knee-lift system to raise or lower the presser foot for quilting
- Upper case lettering
- Speed adjustments that allow you to change the quilting or sewing speed from slow to fast
With this machine, you can perform various stitching tasks with plenty of options for you to get creative by using the custom stitching mode. You can get a large workspace for your sewing and quilting needs, as it has a 210mm workspace ready for use.
The computerized technology allows you to stitch with high accuracy, and the various stitching modes allow you to get creative for every fabric that you work on.
For visibility, this machine comes with a bright LED that you can rely on to give maximum visibility even when you work in a dark room. The bright light LED can also help you in ensuring that you follow every detail of the marking on the fabrics to get you the best quilting result. Also, this machine comes with speed control that you can activate right away as you need it.
Brother Innov-is NV1100 also comes with an LCD screen that will show you the details of each stitch pattern and also the settings that you can adjust for it. You can also save your custom preferences for later use. The presser feet are very easy to change, as you just need to snap them. It means you can keep on working without having to deal with the hassles of changing the presser foot.
For the medium-range price, this machine is best for all your sewing and quilting needs, and with the modern technology embedded into it, it will be easier for you to use your creativity in your crafts. Whatever quilting tasks you need to complete, this machine can help you finish the task with the best result.
- Computerized technology for easier sewing and quilting activities.
- Various aspects are adjustable, such as thread tension, stitching styles, presser feet, and more.
- Accurate sewing and quilting with the Square Feed Drive System along with the embedded modern technology.
- Custom stitch creation that you can save into the built-in memory for later use.
- Bright LED lighting for better visibility and large 210mm workspace for large quilting projects.
- The price is a bit expensive, which is not a good choice for entry-level or beginner quilters.
With all the modern features and capabilities equipped for this sewing machine, you can do almost any sewing or quilting task with it. Moreover, the Brother brand has been known as one of the best sewing machine brands in the world, so the sturdiness and the overall quality of the product is top-notch. Also, the manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty for the product, and it comes with plenty of tools in the box, such as a zigzag foot, extra spool pin, needle set, bobbins, and many more. It’s one of the best high-value sewing machines for quilting you can get, and it will be your best choice for a medium-range price.
Best Sewing Machine for Quilting Buying Guide
Buying a good sewing machine for quilting is not something that you can decide right away. There are plenty of products to choose from, and they have their own pros and cons. Some products might offer you some features you need, but they might also have some disadvantages that you would not like to have. So, it’s important for you to go through the product choices and pick the one that will give you the best advantages and features that you need.
Quilting is one of the most rewarding leisure activities that you can do at home. However, you still need to ensure that you will get the best result for your quilting activities. You can only do that by using the machine that is up for the task. Some lower-quality machines might give you the just-about-right result for your quilting, but you won’t be able to produce the best quilting products if you use these lower-quality machines.
You need to use the sewing machine that provides you with all the features you need to produce the quilting products you want to have, whether they are sweaters, cardigans, blankets, and so on. You can also unleash your creativity with more ease when you use the quilting machine that gives you the features to use your creativity in your crafts. This is the buying guide you should follow for choosing the best sewing machine for quilting.
Portability and Overall Weight
For sewing and quilting activities at home, you don’t need to choose a sewing machine that is bulky and difficult to move around. You need something that is lightweight, portable, and easy to carry. This will give you an advantage of flexibility in doing your quilting work. A bulky machine will be very difficult to move and adjusting for it might also need some complicated steps.
Here are some benefits for choosing the portable sewing machine for quilting:
- Most portable sewing machines are suitable for use at home, so you can operate them without hassles for regular home usage.
- Portable sewing machines are often more inexpensive when compared to bulky products.
- You can put it on your desk, and you don’t need to prepare a bigger place for it in your home.
- You can perform most regular quilting activities with the lightweight machine with no problem.
- Also, you can apply various adjustments to the machine without having to put in too much effort.
These benefits should give you the idea that it’s best to choose a portable sewing machine for quilting.
Easy-to-Use and Adjustable Presser Feet
Most sewing machines will have some presser feet available, allowing you to press and hold the fabric flat on the table to prevent it from moving around when you sew or quilt on it. The problem with some sewing machines is that the presser feet are not quite easy to adjust, making it rather difficult for the user to move from the walking foot and the free motion foot. Itâ€™s just too complicated to do.
Here are some presser foot features to look for in a sewing machine:
- You need to ensure that the walking foot and the free motion foot are adjustable without hassles.
- To change between the walking and free-motion foot, you don’t need to remove the screw or do some complicated steps to do that.
- Changing between the walking foot and the free motion foot should be as simple as pushing it with your finger and getting it to work in the next few seconds.
- You should be able to change the presser feet without moving from the chair and be able to do it on the fly during your quilting activity.
- The presser feet change or adjustments shouldn’t disrupt your quilting work.
These are the features related to the presser foot you need to have in a sewing machine for quilting. Be sure to look for a machine that has easy-to-use and adjustable presser feet.
Various Options to Change the Free Motion Feet
When you purchase a sewing machine for quilting, you will get the set of presser feet that come with the machine. This includes the free motion foot that you can use for quilting or embroidery. The free motion foot will allow you to control the thread you will use for quilting and embroidery, and you will use it a lot. However, the free motion foot that comes with the machine should not be the only foot option you can use on your machine.
Here are the reasons you need various options for the free motion foot:
- You can replace the default-free motion foot that comes with the machine with other third-party motion feet.
- With many options for free-motion foot, you can pick the one that you prefer for the quilting job you do.
- You can collect the third-party motion feet to use with your machine, so you can pick different motion feet for different jobs.
- Different free motion feet will give you the workaround to complete different quilt patterns.
- Some quilts might require you to use a bigger or smaller free-motion foot, so you need your machine to have the flexibility for changing the free motion feet.
These should be the reasons for you to choose the machine that has various options for the free motion feet, as it is very important for your quilting work.
Large Quilting Space for Larger Quilts
For home users, you might not need to use a large quilting space, as you might not need to quilt on large fabrics often. However, having the feature to allow you to quilt for larger fabrics can help you with the quilting tasks you do. It allows you to have flexibility in the quilting activities you do, and you can just work on any size of fabric, whether it is small or large.
Here are the reasons large quilting space is important for you:
- The large quilting space can allow you to stitch or quilt on larger fabrics, so when you need it, the feature is there for you.
- Some small machines can’t work on large quilts, so it will be difficult for you to use them for quilting on large fabrics.
- The bigger opening will help you accommodate quilting for large fabrics, so pick the machine that has this feature.
- With this feature, you don’t need to lock yourself to the quilting of only small fabrics.
- It allows you to have flexibility in your quilting activities and to get creative in what you do.
These are the reasons you need the large quilting space in your machine. Pick the machine that allows you to quilt on large fabrics by providing the bigger opening for the larger quilting space for you.
Replaceable Bobbin Case with Adjustments for the Thread Tension
The bobbin case is the heart of any sewing machine, and it is perhaps the most important part of your sewing and quilting activities. Many sewing machines have the bobbin case fixed, and you cannot remove it with ease from the machine. But it is very important to remove the bobbin case from the machine from time to time, and you need to do it with ease.
Here are the benefits to have a replaceable bobbin case with the adjustments for the thread tension:
- You can remove and replace the bobbin case with ease when you need it, as you don’t need to perform any complicated steps in doing that.
- Also, removing the bobbin case will allow you to adjust the thread tension straight from the bobbin case itself.
- Your sewing machine might already have the adjustable thread tension function, but it might not be enough unless you adjust the thread tension from the bobbin case.
- The adjustable thread tension on the bobbin case will give you a more accurate tension for the quilting or sewing threads.
- It will be easy to replace when you break the bobbin case.
Pick the sewing machine that allows you to remove the bobbin case and change the adjustments for the thread tension straight from the bobbin case. It will give you more accurate quilting.
Better Visibility for Backward Quilting
Sometimes, you will need to quilt in backward movements. Regular quilting movements might be enough for most users, but for backward movements, you need the sewing machine that allows you to give better visibility when you do that. For this purpose, you need to use the free motion foot with offset setting, so you can still follow the mark even when you quilt backward.
Here are some things to look for in a sewing machine:
- You should be able to set the free motion foot to offset configuration for better visibility when you quilt backward.
- Some machines will not have the feature to offset the free motion foot, so it won’t be suitable for backward quilting.
- You can choose the machine that doesn’t allow you to set the free motion foot to offset only if you don’t plan to use it to quilt backward.
- When the machine has the offset free-motion foot, you can always have better visibility, whether you quilt backward or forward.
- This is a feature addition that you should consider if you need more flexibility in your quilting activities.
A good sewing machine should offer the offset-free motion foot that allows you to quilt backward with ease. Better visibility means better quilting work for you, and it also means better end products.
Manual Tension Adjustments without Hassles
You should be able to adjust the thread tension in your quilting in simple steps. Thus, you need the feature that allows you to adjust the thread tension which you can reach with your hands and which you can do with ease. It should be a manual type of tension adjustment, which allows you to adjust the looseness and tightness of the thread on a scale of 0 to 9.
Here are some things to look for in the best sewing machine for quilting:
- The machine should not have only the automatic tension adjustments, which you can’t control by yourself.
- It should allow you to control the thread tension level with a simple dial you can reach without having to go through complicated steps.
- The tension adjustments feature should not disturb your quilting activities, as you need to use this feature often during your work.
- Computerized tension adjustments are excellent, but only as long as they don’t complicate the quilting process.
- Having an automatic thread tension feature is also good, but you need to have control to switch off this feature whenever you need it.
The tension adjustments are important, as you need to go through different thread tensions during the quilting process. So, you need to ensure that the feature to adjust the tension by hand or in manual mode is available.
Single-Hole Needle Plate with Needle Down Option
One feature you should also consider when buying a sewing machine for quilting is the single-hole needle plate feature. This simple feature will allow you to position the needle as simply as possible, and you don’t need to do anything difficult to use any needle size on the machine. The needle-down option is also good to allow you to keep the needle down when you need to stop quilting for a while.
Here are the reasons these features are important:
- The needle-down option will allow you to take a quick break from the quilting and continue where you left off later.
- The single-hole needle plate will allow you to put various sizes of needles without having to go through complicated steps to place them on the machine.
- Also, the single-hole needle plate will also make it easier for you to start the quilting process right away.
- The needle-down option will also allow you to work better on larger fabrics, as you need to have several breaks before you complete it.
- Changing the needle when you need it will also be simple to do when you have the single-hole needle plate.
These reasons make the features like the single-hole needle plate and needle down option an important addition to a good sewing machine. Pick the product that offers these features for easier sewing and quilting for various types of fabrics.
What type of sewing machine is best for quilting?
You can use a sewing machine that includes the support for quilting. Of course, you can use a regular sewing machine for quilting, but the result won't be as good as when you use a machine made for both sewing and quilting. You can look at the product recommendations on this guide to find the perfect machine for quilting that you need.
What is the difference between the quilting sewing machine and the regular sewing machine?
Quilting requires a sturdy machine capable of handling the quilting process since it uses thicker threads and thicker fabrics to work on. Thus, often, the difference between the quilting sewing machine and the regular sewing machine lies in the machine's sturdiness in handling the quilting process. The quilting sewing machine can handle the more demanding quilting tasks.
Can you use any sewing machine for quilting?
Yes, you can use any sewing machine for quilting. But, because of the thicker threads and thicker fabrics, you can't perform the complex quilting tasks just by using the regular sewing machine. With the regular machine, you can only perform the basic quilting tasks, so you can achieve better results using the quilting sewing machine.
Do you need a special sewing machine to quilt?
Again, you don't need a special sewing machine to quilt. However, it is much preferable to use the special quilting sewing machine to perform various quilting tasks, as this type of machine can perform the tasks better and give you better results. It has various features made for completing various basic and complex quilting tasks, with various options and features you can use.
Choosing the best sewing machine for quilting is something that you can’t do without thinking twice. There are various excellent sewing machine models from various well-known brands you can use to work on your favorite sewing and quilting projects. The price is also ranging from the ones in the hundreds of dollars range to the ones in the thousands of dollars range. You can pick the best from the various available sewing machine models by checking the features of the sewing machine, including their quilting capabilities.
You also need to note that the regular sewing machines might not be suitable for quilting. So, if you are looking for a machine for quilting, you need to pick the one that supports quilting. Quilting requires more power and a thicker tread in each stitch, so not all machines can do it. Some machines might also not be suitable for large projects, so you need to keep in mind this. This guide is here to help you pick the best sewing machine for quilting you can use, but the decision always rests with you. Happy quilting!